Structural MonitoringNewton’s theory of Universal Gravitation Motion states “Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a straight line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.”
We are not challenging Newton’s Law, but we can help to predict the effects of gravity on building structures.
We Communicate welcomes you to our: wire free technology for measuring and collecting daily data on suspect cracks appearing in building structures.
Anticipating an increase in the amount of claims, the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) urges home and business owners to periodically check their properties for evidence of cracking, commonly called subsidence.
Thanks to its remote intelligent logging sensors this is the product of choice for insurers and structural engineers - bringing peace of mind for remote structural management across the globe.
For further details and advice contact us for an appointment or discussion.
How does it work?
Once fitted over a suspect crack, subBOX encompasses a wireless sensor technology that helps engineers to determine the “progress” of the crack. By showing movement in X and Y plains, the subBOX will track any building movement (precise to 0.05mm) and help plan the next cause of action. Thanks to the subBOX intelligent systems, this precise high resolution data is transmitted via GPRS to a secure database for further analysis. The captured data is available to the client; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, through a user-friendly secured web site, ensuring total data protection at all times. It also allows alerts to be set via SMS, or email should a threshold be breeched.
* Quick and covert installation – simple to setup and use.
* Weatherproof housing – battery powered continuous for 5 years.
* Accuracy – measures accuracy to 0.05mm opening or closing of the crack or 0.01 degrees (angle of rotation-movement) of tilt.
* Daily record of crack movement – graphical reports available online via a secure web portal.
* Instant alarm reporting on excessive movements e.g. greater than 1.0mm.
* In-built temperature monitoring to facilitate correlation of movement.
* Replaces traditional stud and glass – hinge measured points that are recorded over an 8 month period.